Hypnosis is a naturally occurring event that we all do without even thinking about it many times a day.
“Hypnosis is an escape mechanism caused by focus or distraction, interest or boredom, joy or sadness. It’s this escape to the inner self that creates power or debility”
– George Bien, hypnotherapist
You may know hypnosis by some of its other descriptions:
- Day dreaming
- Being “engrossed in something”
- Playing/working or creating “in the zone”
- Becoming absorbed in a good book, game, movie or show
- The ability to consciously use the unconscious
All suggestions, whether from:
- Our environment; or (media, TV, teachers or other authority figures)
Enter your mind, penetrating your inner self. They can and do affect your actions and behaviours. Those actions and behaviours have the power to help us succeed…or to keep us stuck.
Hypnosis can help you to:
- Accept yourself for who you are
- Achieve your goals
- Be in control
- Establish positive relationships
- Feel better
- Obtain mental clarity
You cannot fix the problem with the same mind that created it.